The 93 page publication provides an in-depth history of the church, with additional lists of Rectors, Curates and Churchwardens. Also includes some rare illustrations.
The document was compiled by Walter John True and edited by Rev. Edgar Rogers, M.A, - Assistant Priest
Walter John True, hailed from Tidsbury, Wiltshire and initially moved to Wigan to become Coachman to Nathaniel Eckersley, living in at Standish Hall.
By 1901, Walter was the Verger and living at 12, Richmond St with his Wigan born wife, Susannah and a daughter Evelyn Christina.
The book was republished in 1924 with an additional appendix researching the history of the organ and organists.